Saturday, July 11, 2009

Leaving for Bogota in 2 Days!

In less than 48 hours, our missions team will be winging our way to Bogota, Colombia. We leave on Monday afternoon, departing on Delta Airlines Flight #2043 from Dayton International around 1:30 and landing at the El Nuevo Dorado International Airport AT 9:00 PM.

We are so grateful for all of you who have supported us through generous monetary gifts and also for those of you who have committed to strengthen us through your daily intercessory prayers.

Our team members are:

Tina Ashcraft
Ron Ayers
Carl Dole
Steve Mathews (team leader)
Brittany Pardo
Barry Pike
Nancy Pike
Angela Powell
Leigh Anna Thomas
Billy Ward
Debbie Warner
Scott Warner

Right now, everyone's minds are full. Full of thoughts on what to pack, thoughts about the families we are leaving behind, on what the long flight will be like, on all of the unknowns that await us in the days ahead. Some of us are nervous, anxious, even wondering if we are doing the right thing. Some of us are eager, ready, but also concerned about the future.

There is nothing more exciting in this life than stepping into the unknown with the Lord.

My old self has been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me. So I live in this earthly body by trusting in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. I do not treat the grace of God as meaningless. For if keeping the law could make us right God, then there was no need of Christ to die. Galatians 2:20-21

3 comments:

Randy Davis said...

God will bless you for your faith in going on this trip. Please take and post lots of pictures.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I am here Praying for you guys too, I have had Vertigo for a week and was unable to see Brittany before she left, I was going to giver her some spending $$ and seasonings for the food, lol