Tuesday, February 23, 2010

The Global Warming Religion

In case you don’t know me, and haven’t caught some of the vibes on this blog, I am a lover of creation. All that is has been created for us, to enjoy and use to sustain life here on planet earth. Most importantly, I am a lover of the Creator of all things, the uncreated God, the great I Am, the Alpha and Omega. My creed is the same as the Apostles. He existed before all things and holds all things together. He is the very reason we even exist. I believe in Him. That, you might say, is my religion, faith, opinion, thoughts, etc. However, whether you agree with my thoughts, opinions, faith or religion, makes no difference to the fact that God is there. How I feel or think doesn’t change the fact that He is. It doesn’t matter what I think, it doesn’t matter what you think about it, He is.
All people place something on the throne of their life. Wow, as I wrote that, I thought, “that’s a dogmatic statement if there ever was one.” But, I believe that to be true. We are, (by design) prone to fill a void in all of our hearts with something. It is a “God-shaped” hole that can only be properly filled by God. But, we humans are funny creatures. We have minds to think and make our own decisions, so we take it upon ourselves to fill that hole up with something, anything. After all, if there’s a hole there, shouldn’t we fill it? Won’t we be happier and more fulfilled if we find something we love and put it there? The problem arises when we place something there that displaces what, by design, belongs in that spot. When we usurp God from the throne of our hearts, it becomes unclear as to where I come from. It becomes unclear as to why I’m here. It becomes unclear as to who or what dictates my life. It becomes extremely unclear as to who or what is in control of anything. Most of us kick into some sort of survival mode in order to make any sense of life and the things we see all around us, we place ourselves in the hole. We build the truth by which we live on what we see and are told by those around us, and our circumstances. We find truth on the streets, on the web, on tv, on the radio…you get the picture. Truth can be found in all of those places. But, there is also a lot of error.
How do you determine what’s truth and what’s error? Where do you go to get the stuff that you know is true? Where do you find answers that you can trust without reservation?
Do you surf the web?
Of course you do, you’re here aren’t you? The web is a good place to find truth. But, you also get all that other stuff.
How, can I say that some of it’s true and some of it’s not? Can I answer that in my own head and heart?
Sometimes.
How can I know I’m right? What if I’m wrong? Why are there some books you ought to read, and others you should stay away from? Who makes those rules?
Do you?
Do I?
“You’d better not listen to those guys…they’re a bunch of idiots.”
Really?
Do you think a persons ability to know truth is connected to the letters they carry behind their name?
Maybe?
Can I trust myself?
"I know what works for me and that’s all that really matters."
Really?
Does is still work for you when the report from the Doctor is terminal.
Does it still work for you when your child dies?
Do these questions make your head spin a little? They should, they do mine.
Can you be confident with your answers to the point of going to the grave with your decision?

Truth is a BIG deal! It is THE DEAL! There is a truth center, where all things found are absolutely TRUE. It is the Holy Bible. C.S. Lewis said of Jesus, either He’s who He said He was, (God) or He was a lunatic, or the greatest liar of all times. (loosely paraphrased) I believe it’s true of God’s word too. Either, it’s totally true, or it’s absolute insanity, the greatest pack of lies ever written, or it’s what it is self-proclaimed to be. (Prov. 30:5; John 8:32;Heb. 4:12)

So, is global warming true? You’ve been waiting for that, haven’t you? Get to the point! I’ve really already made the point! I struggle with “man-made” disasters like global-warming, that leave God out of the picture. Even those who believe it’s a hoax, rarely mention God’s role in the whole thing. The debate supporting, has come to the point of becoming a religion. You have to buy the whole thing, or nothing at all. They spout their science as “truth” and they guard it with all their heart, soul, mind, and strength. It has taken on religious status. Man is on the throne and in control of his own destiny. He will ultimately destroy the world, (that he did nothing to create I might add). I believe that all the global warming hype is a hoax, but generally not for the reasons anti-climate change advocates give.

Want to know the absolute truth? God is in control! There are many, many more scriptures to support my view. But, more than support my view, I feel God will speak for Himself in these two places.

Psalm 33:6-8 says,
“By the word of the Lord were the heavens made,
their starry host by the breath of His mouth.
He gathers the waters of the sea into jars;
He puts the deep into storehouses.
Let all the earth fear the Lord;
let all the people of the world revere Him.”

Also consider Job 38:4-7,
"Where were you when I laid the earth's foundation?
Tell me, if you understand.
Who marked off its dimensions? Surely you know!
Who stretched a measuring line across it?
On what were its footings set,
or who laid its cornerstone-
while the morning stars sang together
and all the angels shouted for joy?

God continues to speak to Job and ask probing questions through chapters 38-40. It’s worth the read if you have the time.

To say that man can create an environment where he will destroy the earth is placing far too much faith in the size and scope of man’s ability to influence our climate, and exponentially far too little emphasis on how sovereign God really is. He is in control!

Now having said that, do I believe we need to be concerned about our environment? We are stewards, placed here for God’s pleasure. When we look at how something effects the environment, we should first look at how it affects our fellow man. We are the only part of His creation that is created in His image. Does that make us the most important? As a matter of fact, yes it does. Is he disappointed with some of our choices? I believe He is. Will my carbon imprint effect the melting of the polar ice cap? Doubtful.

He (GOD) is in control of ALL things, including climate change. Don’t believe me? Think of the great flood….there’s a climate changer for you! (see Genesis Chapters 6-8)

I’ve included a link to a video entitled “The Lies of Global Warming.” I believe there is more truth in this report than what I hear from those who support the climate change doctrines. Not necessarily because of the science, (which is interesting) but because the Global warming advocates have made their doctrine their religion.

The Lies of Global Warming (Part 1)

2 comments:

IzzyBeth said...

Wow! Twice in the same month?? This is a good one.

Steve Mathews said...

I'm feeling kinda bloggy!