Monday, April 6, 2009

Until The Day of Christ...

As I've been praying for the upcoming trip to Bogota, Colombia, I thought of a certain scripture that might help us in this season of raising support.

Philippians 1:3-6 says: "I thank my God every time I remember you. In all my prayers for all of you, I always pray with joy because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now, being confident of this, that He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus."

I've heard the book of Philippains called the "Go get 'em" book. The team of 12 others and I are quickly approaching our first deadline. This Easter Sunday we hope to make our first marker by raising half our support, which is $750. In todays economy, that seems like an impossible amount to raise! I know I will be able to raise the funds, however I have moments where I ask God where it is all possibly going to come from.

The thought for today is this, God will indeed see what He's started in me (and you) to completion. It is His plan that I get to participate in and join Him in what He is already doing. All of us on the team are in the same boat. Trusting God is not always the easiest thing to do, as sometimes His silence is deafening. But, we can know without a shadow of a doubt that He will complete what He's started in each of us. He's an awesome God, and it's a sweet place for us to be.

I am totally convinced that prayer is the answer. When we talk to God, He will move on our behalf! He already has the plan laid out and our part is to connect with Him. So, as we continue to struggle with, "am I possibly going to be able to raise this money?" The answer is, "He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion!" (Emphasis mine)

So, for anyone that happens upon this, I would ask you to pray! How am I to participate in this ministry? There also comes a time to move, but I'll have more on that later! I've heard it said, "the funds are all there, it's in our wallets." It's already provided for us, prayer is the key! How's the prayer list coming!

No comments: