Friday, March 27, 2009

Faithful To the Core!

Read Joshua 14:6-15

I love the story of Caleb in the bible. Caleb was a classic model of how our faith should be lived out. His story starts in Numbers 13. He was one of the spies that Moses sent into the land of Canaan to explore the land. Out of the 12 there were only 2 that came back believing that with the help of God, we can take this land. It's ours for the taking! He knew it in his heart. Turns out he was absolutely right. At the time of their scouting mission, Caleb was around 40 years old. Now, fast forward 45 years to the scripture reading in Joshua. Along with Joshua, they were the only two that survived the journey from Egypt. Because of their faith in a God that's bigger than any giants, and is always good on His promises.

At this point in the scripture, the promised land is being divided into parcels for each tribe. Then Caleb shows up in verse 10-12 he says, "Now as you can see, the Lord has kept me alive and well as He promised for all these forty-five years since Moses made this promise-even while Israel wandered in the wilderness. Today I am eighty-five years old. I am as strong now as I was when Moses sent me on that journey, and I can still travel and fight as well as I could then. So give me the hill country that the Lord promised me, You will remember that as scouts we found the descendants of Anak living there in great, walled towns. But if the Lord is with me, I will drive them out of the Land, just as the Lord said."

Here he is, eighty-five years old and still knowing that God is going to make good on the promise He'd given them! And not only that, but he's ready to go in and take it, because he understood if God is for me, there is no man that can stand between me and that God given destiny! What a guy! What a faith! What a God!

What are you trusting God for today, right now! He's always good and loves you more than you can comprehend! Trust Him for that seemingly unanswered prayer!

No comments: